Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM DPS Programming Software

Potential Tuner
    67GTO, I was actually talking to you on there. I've just come across this looking for something else. Did you ever get it or do you still need help? Feel free to message me. You need to VIN program the Radio and the HMI but you'll also need calibrations for your HMI as they probably won't match. The calibrations configure backup camera, the boot logo, icons, etc... It's been months but I'm happy to help if you need.
    Last edited by gmman; 10-11-2023 at 09:42 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Utility.pngUtility2.png

There actually is a step tunerpro in the GM utility file that will send the VIN command (they're different between the radio, HMI and other modules) but, there's a comparison step (see screenshots) that I can't recall off of the top of my head right now what it compares but it will skip that step if a certain variable in the HMI/Radio is set. I caught SPS sending the command once on one of my test ones but it's the same utility. If I'm bored sometime, I'll dig into the logic and play around with it again. In some cases, it will skip that step though.

Edit: Curiousity killed me. It's reading the MEC, if it's 0, it skips the step otherwise it does the VIN command. In most cases, the HMI will be set to 0 so this step will get skipped which means DPS *usually* won't work.
    Last edited by gmman; 10-11-2023 at 10:01 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmman View Post
    67GTO, I was actually talking to you on there. I've just come across this looking for something else. Did you ever get it or do you still need help? Feel free to message me. You need to VIN program the Radio and the HMI but you'll also need calibrations for your HMI as they probably won't match. The calibrations configure backup camera, the boot logo, icons, etc... It's been months but I'm happy to help if you need.
    I need help, and I'm messaging you!

Potential Tuner
    Utility.pngUtility2.png

There actually is a step tunerpro in the GM utility file that will send the VIN command (they're different between the radio, HMI and other modules) but, there's a comparison step (see screenshots) that I can't recall off of the top of my head right now what it compares but it will skip that step if a certain variable in the HMI/Radio is set. I caught SPS sending the command once on one of my test ones but it's the same utility. If I'm bored sometime, I'll dig into the logic and play around with it again. In some cases, it will skip that step though.

Edit: Curiousity killed me. It's reading the MEC, if it's 0, it skips the step otherwise it does the VIN command. In most cases, the HMI will be set to 0 so this step will get skipped which means DPS *usually* won't work.

Oh GM DPS will most certainly work and I wrote a script based off the utility file for the radio Module for it to clear the vin info so it will accept another vin from the BCM. However i use a CAN command to do it because its quicker and sends it directly to the HMI module using a CANalyst-II.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by e4life View Post
    Oh GM DPS will most certainly work and I wrote a script based off the utility file for the radio Module for it to clear the vin info so it will accept another vin from the BCM. However i use a CAN command to do it because its quicker and sends it directly to the HMI module using a CANalyst-II.

Yeah, I was just showing that as a point. I actually built custom software to use a MDI (or J2534) and sent the command. It's a one-liner........ You can actually do it using a cheap ELM327 too . I've written my own software for the Macchina and the J2534 as there's not really much good stuff out there. Anyways, I tried to help the OP but haven't heard back unfortunately.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, I was just showing that as a point. I actually built custom software to use a MDI (or J2534) and sent the command. It's a one-liner........ You can actually do it using a cheap ELM327 too . I've written my own software for the Macchina and the J2534 as there's not really much good stuff out there. Anyways, I tried to help the OP but haven't heard back unfortunately.

Have you had any success? I have a HMI and Radio module from a 2018 Denali that works fine in my 2015 Silverado until I turn the key all the way to "On", at which point I receive the theft locked message. I have a J2534 and would like to give it a try...