Thread: Linear and offset calculations for MAP

Linear and offset calculations for MAP

I have a new 3 bar MAP that came with a voltage/kpa table vs. linear and offset values. I was using the LS9 MAP so my values in HP Tuners are set for 312.50 and -11.25. Is there a way to calculate the linear and offset values for this new sensor from the attached table or do I need more info?
    Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    y= 62.74x + 1.32
    You can look up a y=Mx+b calculator on line. M is the slope, b is the offset, x is voltage and y is pressure.

It's 0.016 volts per kPa. To figure what kPa would equal 0.00v (this is what the Offset is looking for), divide 0.25 by 0.016 then subtract that from 17.

It will be a positive number, not negative like the LS9.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It's 0.016 volts per kPa. To figure what kPa would equal 0.00v (this is what the Offset is looking for), divide 0.25 by 0.016 then subtract that from 17.

It will be a positive number, not negative like the LS9.
    Thanks...got the offset, so now to get the linear value, if I plug that into the y= 62.74x + 1.32 or y=mx+b formula, what do I use for the "x" value in voltage to get the HP Tuners linear number?

Read the tooltips. Linear is what it would be at 5.00 volts, and that is shown in the little chart. No math needed.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Read the tooltips. Linear is what it would be at 5.00 volts, and that is shown in the little chart. No math needed.
    Appreciate it.