Thread: Setting up 2 bar ve...need alittle help

Setting up 2 bar ve...need alittle help

I am setting up my intial ve table for the 2 bar os. Its says:

(This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) The VE table will be full of invalid data. You *must* create a valid VE table before writing the file to the PCM. It is a good idea to copy your previous VE table into the non-boost region and then copy and increase the last row of the VE table to the new boost area. It is important to start tuning on the rich side (higher numbers) and then work back to your desired AFR.

I understand everything about the non boost ve, but when copying the last row of non boost(105kpa), adding to it and pasting it. Am I supposed to add 15% to the first row(110 kpa), take that row and add 15% and that my next row(115kpa), on and on like that? I would assume thats how it goes since the higher in boost the car goes the more fuel it needs, but it really isnt clear and I cant find a link explaining how to tune the boost portion of the ve correctly.

I can tune the car for WOT and different boost levels with just the 110-210 kpa area of this ve table correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    soundengineer put together a very good demo on setting up a 2 bar custom OS in our help files under "demos" www.hptuners.com/help

As far as setting up different boost levels you can do it that way or use the BE table.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Is it just me or does that demo end exactly where I am stuck at?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    frames 43-64 cover how to use the interpolate feature which would seem to me to answer part of your questions

The demo stops right as you copy the 105 line for me and the pointer drags to the scroll.....then the screen goes white?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    dunno, works for me

hope you figured it out. If not here goes.

Highlight the 105kpa line.
    Copy and paste it to the 210kpa line.
    Highlight new 210kpa line and multiply by 1.25.
    then highlight from and including 105kpa to and incl. 210 kpa.
    click interpolate between vertical bounds

Next change PE and BE tables
    PE commanded EQ ratio of 1.1704 which is 12.5 AFR
    BE EQ Ratio of 1.250 or 11.7AFR

Change the enrichment rate to 4 (where applicable)

Then save.

'99 silverado 2500 4x4, 408, inlet forward MP122HH, 60# mototrons, borla exhaust, HPT 2bar OLSD

I did get it figured out, thanks for taking the time. The demo still wont work for me, but soemone walked me through it.

How's your 2bar tune going?
    Mine was WAY rich in boost 9-10 AFR so I'm scaling back the BE EQ ratio and leaning up the VE table above 105kpa to start.

'99 silverado 2500 4x4, 408, inlet forward MP122HH, 60# mototrons, borla exhaust, HPT 2bar OLSD

Boost portion was good, my be and pe tables are both at 1.25, so it commands 11.7 or so I believe. Then I just went back and took fuel out of the boost portion(110-210) of the ve till it was close.
    Last edited by fasttrackperformace; 02-05-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I just checked out the demo, it looks "too" easy, I guess the fine tuning will take a while to get right.
    I'm about to install a Procharger on my '04 GTO and will be tuning it myself. Hopefully my copy of HPT will be here soon so I can start playing with it.
    I'm sure I will have lot's of questions for some of the gurus here.