Thread: Tuning for TBSS intake and 50lb injectors

Potential Tuner

Tuning for TBSS intake and 50lb injectors

Hey all, im just finishing on getting all the parts for my tbss intake i want to put onto my gen 3 LM7, 50lb injectors and 92mm tb. Im a little new to tuning myself, can someone give me some pointers on how to tune the truck to the injectors and tb so i dont blow my shit up? TIA

Senior Tuner
    One of the first question to ask is what 50lb injectors and do you have full data?

Potential Tuner
    12613412 is the part number, and what do you mean full data? if you mean for the injectors no, i got them off of someone

What fuel system type, and what fuel pressure? And where are your files so we can see what we're supposed to be providing advice for?

I bet if you were to search the forum for '12613412' you'd find tunes posted that have the full converted data already in them...

Potential Tuner
    returnless rail using a corvette filter/regulator, return style lines and stock psi, so 58.
    Attached Files Attached Files

But... does it actually have 58 PSI at the rail, measured with a mechanical gauge? Those Corvette filters are easily overwhelmed with larger than stock pumps, and pressure that can't get bled off back to the tank gets sent to the engine. Sometimes 80 or 90 PSI.

Potential Tuner
    stock return style fuel system, just swapping to a nbss intake, 92mm throttle body, and 50lb injectors

In other words, unknown fuel pressure. Because it hasn't been verified. But since The Internet says "Corvette filter = 58 PSI" there really shouldn't be any reason to check it, huh?

Potential Tuner
    I havent had the intake/rails on because i dont know with it not being tuned to the bigger intake, bigger throttle body, and bigger injectors if it would mess anything up, it is my daily. i was just looking for help with a ballpark tune to get it to run without fucking anything up
    Last edited by rhecwolfie; 01-23-2023 at 12:02 AM.