Thread: Deka 80s Will not Idle DBW turbski

Potential Tuner

Deka 80s Will not Idle DBW turbski

What is up friends? I've got a 2003 5.3L/TH400 in a 69 Dodge. Rings gapped for boost, LS9 head gaskets, stock camshaft, Deka 80lb EV6 injectors from Turbosforless.com, amazon fabricated intake manifold. I disabled MAF, put in multiple different injector data from tunes found on the forum. Wideband goes super duper ruch then super lean before she dies. Runs for about 5 seconds and dies shortly after flareup. I suspected maybe a vacuum leak from the cheap intake gaskets that came with this fabricated intake manifold. So i replaced the gaskets with Felpros. No change. I'm running around 44psi fuel pressure with aeromotive 1:1 regulator. I still have the stock MAP sensor in place, just wanted to get it idling and ill switch to a 2 bar OS with MAP. Can someone check out my tune and maybe rule that out. I'm currently questioning this fabricated manifold, doesn't seem to squish flat against the cylinder heads closet to the valley plate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The MAF is set wrong. Codes need to be set to MIL on first error otherwise it will never go into speed density.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TMCgarage View Post
    I'm running around 44psi fuel pressure with aeromotive 1:1 regulator.
    You may try the attached, but it is for normal GM 58psi fuel pressure.
    RaisedIdleAndZeroedMAF v1.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The MAF is set wrong. Codes need to be set to MIL on first error otherwise it will never go into speed density.
    Ah thanks man! Ill go in and change that and try it!

Potential Tuner
    We'll see how she runs with the MAF properly disabled. THanks a lot man

Potential Tuner
    Wow that's all it was! Shoulda asked 3 days ago but what fun would that have been?
    Thanks a lot dudes!