Thread: Injector Size

Potential Tuner

Injector Size

Can anyone provide assistance with determining the injector size on this 2013 Camaro SS. Was previously a turbo car with everything taken off and am unsure of current injector size. Is there enough information to determine if it was an E85 car on this tune? IdlingTune.hpt

Look at the injector itself, see what part number is on it. That is the only way to know if the data in the tune is accurate with the injectors on the car.

All I can really tell from the tune is that the injectors are scaled and it's running a 2 BAR OS tune that isn't completed yet. The new VE tables are missing all the data and the MAP sensor is still a 1 bar MAP.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Which VE tables are you seeing that are missing information? The 1 bar map data is something that I changed to test if it ran better changing stock MAF/MAP as I believe both have been put back to stock on the car.

Stock SS is 42. ZL1 are 52 approx. What's on yours? Who knows. Part# 217-2425 - ACDelco
    Part# 12576341 - GM

In the airflow tab the IMRC tables on the right side. Looks like only the open table has data in it, so technically it will run with just that table but ideally all 3 data should be the same to cover everything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Very interesting catch, would that being 0'd out cause an overfueling situation? I'll try filling that in and see if it helps.

Senior Tuner
    Check part numbers for maf and map also although maf shouldn’t matter unless the full stock intake was put back on.

Potential Tuner
    Full stock intake was put back on from what I can tell, I will check part numbers on MAF/MAP sensor.

MAF is failed, it's in speed density.

The file is set up for injector flow rate of 113.99lb-hr (scaled by 1.922), which is odd, because the OS will accept up to 127lb without scaling anything at all.

Potential Tuner
    Good call out blindsquirrel. Does this mean I can simply take that injector data, multiply it by 1.922, and go to a stockish file to get this close if MAF and MAP are stock?

Stoich and IVT Term also get messed with when scaling injectors, so those'd need put back to stock too. Assuming you confirm the injectors are what's in the tune file, that is. Still need to check the part numbers.