Thread: Fuel tables when boosting

Fuel tables when boosting

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand the ECM will calculate fuel first from the Fuel -> Open Loop -> EQ Ratio table, and then under PE (in my case 75kpa and 50% torque minimum), it will apply the Fuel -> Power Enrich -> EQ Ratio multiplier. But that EQ Ratio multiplier is only a function of RPM, so once you enter PE, can you only adjust the fuel adder based on RPM?

Ideally, I'd like to control fuel (and spark, too) with not just RPM, but also MAF, so I know when the cylinder has the largest charge.

Potential Tuner
    If you are boosted you can adjust the boost enrichment table which goes off of engine vacuum. Not sure about if there is anything other than RPM fueling adjustment on the stock OS

Quote Originally Posted by aruss99 View Post
    If you are boosted you can adjust the boost enrichment table which goes off of engine vacuum. Not sure about if there is anything other than RPM fueling adjustment on the stock OS
    There is no boost enrichment table because it's a factory NA motor with 0-105kpa range (full vacuum to 0psi) sensor.
    Last edited by phuz; 01-19-2023 at 07:40 AM.

I think you need the OS upgrade which supports boost pressure and a 2-bar or 3-bar map, otherwise how will you tune for boost pressure? You can't really tune for boost without some way to tune for boost... hmm

Once you get boost enrichment table you can adjust the timing table and a table called "AFR advance" to dial in the timing as needed.

Tuning Addict
    You should really post the tune. As stated you probably have an OS patch available, but if not you can also change the axis and input the correct map values for your map sensor, so the ecm can see boost. Then also as stated you can tune just like the OE did - use regular spark for non PE and then the PE adder table for PE....
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You should really post the tune. As stated you probably have an OS patch available, but if not you can also change the axis and input the correct map values for your map sensor, so the ecm can see boost. Then also as stated you can tune just like the OE did - use regular spark for non PE and then the PE adder table for PE....
    You would think with the MAF. But that's why I inquire.
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)

I recommend eliminate the MAF unless you are an experienced MAF tuning expert with forced induction applications.

I have successfully tuned hundreds of maf turbo vehicles (mostly Nissan/Toyota) but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody that is new to maf tuning with access to a MAP

Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    I recommend eliminate the MAF unless you are an experienced MAF tuning expert with forced induction applications.

I have successfully tuned hundreds of maf turbo vehicles (mostly Nissan/Toyota) but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody that is new to maf tuning with access to a MAP
    I have never tuned MAF. Everything has been MAP, but I did email the guy who is going to dyno-tune this and he highly recommends MAF, so I will leave it as is; although I think I want to convert from 1-bar to 2-bar so that I can have boost compensation, since I'm seeing the MAF is only good to 540whp (476 g/s), and based on my calculations at 6400rpm, 8psi of boost, and 95% VE, it will be flowing somewhere around 600 g/s. So tuning strictly off MAF and PE means that you are going to be adding fuel to areas that don't necessarily need it just so you have enough in the area that you do.
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)