Thread: cylinder airmass drops to .01 under any acceleration and goes lean.

Potential Tuner

cylinder airmass drops to .01 under any acceleration and goes lean.

this is a fresh build so the tune is still very rough. the problem that i have run into that i can not figure out is that under slow acceleration it goes lean and the cylinder aimass drops too .02 causing it to surge badly. if i quickly rev the car it does fine and does not go lean. this is only while in gear. in neutral it will hold a consistent rpm above idle. i believe it is in the tune, i have messed with the ve table and transient fueling i can get the surge to lessen but not enough to drive without being unhappy. i posted my most recent tune, a driving/ idling log, and my scanner setup. if you have any ideas please let me know.

some information about the build. 4.8 ls gen 3 stock internals but cam and springs. ls6 intake. gt45 turbo. decapped truck injectors flow 75 pounds at 58psi. 3 bar map sensor

cam specs are 219 / 225 110.5LSA .595lift @50

Cam Timing @ .050 for Injection timing / phasing

Intake - BTDC .5 / ABDC 38.5 / Centerline 109 ATDC = Duration 219

Exhaust - BBDC 44.5 / ATDC .5 / Centerline 112 BTDC = Duration 225

118 go back to truck transient and bump 100 row by 20 percent.hpt99 made it around th eblock a bit happier. can barely push on the thrpttle..hplnewest vette chanel list with trans stuff.Channels.xmlcorvette tuning layout with trans.Layout.xml

Holy hanna that VE table is nuts. There should be no reason to ever have values into the 200's let alone 400-500's in there. That is 100% the fault of bad injector data and or compensating for a fuel supply issue. De-capped injectors need to stop, they are worthless because the only thing you know is the flow rate, none of the other factory injector data is accurate at triple the stock flow rate.

The MAF isn't failed right either, the MAF dtc's need to be MIL on first error for any speed density tune.

In the logs, only log the 3 bar map channel. Logging the 1 bar and 3 bar skews the data for them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    also where is your wideband data?

Potential Tuner
    Like I said tune is rough. I have tried stock corvette injectors, stock truck injectors and their corresponding data. They all react with the same symptoms as what I am having with the decapped injectors.

I will correct the maf dtc and delete the 1 bar map. What effect does having the maf dtc incorrect do?

Wideband is logged through 5v ac pressure port. In the chart you can see the current afr and error percentage.