Thread: Turbo LQ4 Injector Selection Advice

Potential Tuner

Turbo LQ4 Injector Selection Advice

Hi to everyone,

Been awhile, but I am finally at a point in my life where I can move forward with my turbo upgrade. Need some help selecting an injector with data for HPT. A reasonable price is a plus.
    Looking for 700 wheel and good driving manners. Reasonable duty cycle. Motor has the typical upgrades. Cam, lifters, springs, etc....
    A bit overkill with a BW S480, but got a smokin deal. I'm not opposed to scaling the injectors myself, but will need guidance.

Please give this old timer your thoughts.
    2002 S-10 LQ4, Sloppy's Best, TBSS, 92mm Fitech, 4l80e, 3.55 8.8

Fuel injector connection and Deatchwerks both sell injectors that are quality units and they come with plug and play data for HP Tuners.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Fuel system type? (a given injector will go further if it's a referenced regulator, since boost won't reduce the flow rate)

edit: And gas or E85? Some of both? Only one, none of the other ever?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Fuel system type? (a given injector will go further if it's a referenced regulator, since boost won't reduce the flow rate)

edit: And gas or E85? Some of both? Only one, none of the other ever?
    Will be running strictly gasoline, E85 availability is a problem where I live. Fuel system is Aeromotive with 1 to 1 referenced regulator.
    2002 S-10 LQ4, Sloppy's Best, TBSS, 92mm Fitech, 4l80e, 3.55 8.8

Senior Tuner
    Please whatever you do.... if you catch a set of injectors that are half or a quarter of what they should be new... pass

So many counterfeits out there. Pumps injectors etc. lots of garbage out there.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

ID1050 or Fuel Injector Clinic 1300's

In the old days you didn't want a huge injector because the resolution at low pulse was poor leading to awful idle and fuel use.
    These days with modern high impedance injectors from reputable companies, you can get a large injector to pulse well at idle speed and maintain quality low speed performance.

The advantage when running such a large injector is the ECU can be programmed to fit more of the pulse between overlap and peak piston velocity where it may amplify the output of an engine significantly while using OEM-like injector geometry (injector properly pointed to the valve condition)

The ID1050 is what I run 800rwhp gasoline. The injectors are the most important part on the engine and the torque converter/clutch is the most important part of the drivetrain. Those are two areas where you won't ever be disappointed with the investment in quality parts.