Thread: '05 'hoe flex fuel conversion P0315

Tuner in Training

Cool '05 'hoe flex fuel conversion P0315

I thought I found good cal/os file to do the flex fuel conversion on my 05 Tahoe LM7 but it has a persistent P0315. tried crank relearn but I have never done that before. I full-write it back to the stock cal/os and the and the P0315 is gone without needing to do crank relearn. the truck is really running good, seems to like the flex fuel despite the P0315. I have included the 05 Avalanche OS that I merged with my as found Tahoe to make the 3rd tune file and a log with the moded tune loaded. What do yall think?

The SES sets on even before the engine is cranked. I think I just chose the wrong base OS.

To be honest, I cant believe I got this far as only having 1 small bug to iron out. This is my first time making real changes to a tune LOL

Tuner in Training
    side note-I did a full write using the avalanche before I flashed it to convert the vin. I ended up having to buy 2 more credits when i did the VIN change. If I would have changed the vin and then fullwrite would I have only needed 2 credits to convert? I knew I should have just did the full 5 credit deal, derp.

Advanced Tuner
    I add flex fuel to whatever P59 file I am working with and leave the engine segment as it was.

Tuner in Training
    How exactly do you do that? I tried doing it without swapping over to the avalanche tune but the PCM never saw the signal from the e85 sensor

Senior Tuner
    315 isn't super critical most of the times.. There have been like 2 times in my career where it fixed some higher RPM missing but otherwise most hotrod swaps and such just have the code just disabled.

I'm not sure HPtuners can do it on all vehicles. There are criteria that must be met for it to happen.. ECT, Some require emergency brake, foot brake, etc. You might can read instructions on how to do it with a scan tool then follow the same steps using Hptuners.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs