Thread: 2009 CTSV shift issues.

Advanced Tuner

2009 CTSV shift issues.

Buddy of mine is having shift issues. Doesnt seem to want to shift at WOT. I believe it's a scheduling issue but I'm really unsure.

The tune I'm loading shows the shift rpm higher than the rev limiter but that was fixed and same issue.

Idk the specs 100% but smaller pulley, larger injectors. Normal supercharger mods, stock cam etc.
    Whoever tuned the car looks like torque management was also reduced maybe? I'm more familiar with gen3 pcms.

Thank you for feedback.

current tune on shitbox r1.hpt
    22-12-23 18-31-35.hpl
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    I also feel a possible clutch pack l failure here. He said it does the same flare up and doesnt want to shift 3-4 even when manually shifting.

Advanced Tuner
    From a quick look at things, you have the 2-3 and 3-4 shift trying to shift beyond where the rev limiter is set, which is at 6200. Set your limiter to 6600 to give the trans a little room, and retry. Would also recommend turning TQ management back on for CT downshifts and Power downshifts. I'd also recommend not having the trans command too much pressure between shifts. A 5-10% bump from stock is plenty on that car with no converter.

I've also seen delivered torque issues as well as discrepancies in airflow tuning (IFR, MAF, VVE, etc) cause a no-shift condition on these cars as well. You'll need to look into those next if the above doesn't fix your issue.
    Last edited by That_guy; 01-02-2023 at 08:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by That_guy View Post
    From a quick look at things, you have the 2-3 and 3-4 shift trying to shift beyond where the rev limiter is set, which is at 6200. Set your limiter to 6600 to give the trans a little room, and retry. Would also recommend turning TQ management back on for CT downshifts and Power downshifts. I'd also recommend not having the trans command too much pressure between shifts. A 5-10% bump from stock is plenty on that car with no converter.

I've also seen delivered torque issues as well as discrepancies in airflow tuning (IFR, MAF, VVE, etc) cause a no-shift condition on these cars as well. You'll need to look into those next if the above doesn't fix your issue.
    Yeah I stated that the shift rpm was higher than the rev limit. We had "fixed" that and the car was still doing the same thing.

Well he sends me the log and proceeded to say he thinks he accidentally loaded the "TRANS tune ONLY". So I have him pull the current tune whilst I look at the log. Sure enough he hits the limit and I get the tune and it wasnt changed.
    So we changed the limit to 6600 and it all good now lol

Thanks for the input on the rest. I have no idea about trans tuning so whenever he gets ahold of his tuner I'll let them figure it out atm.