Thread: Idle Tuning RPM jump on startup

Idle Tuning RPM jump on startup

Hi all,
    I have a 2001 camaro, stock ls1 w cam
    I'm running a 2002 tahoe OS so that I can utilize flex fuel and add boost. Dont have the flex fuel sensor yet, but do have the 2 bar map installed.

I'm trying to tune idle and it seems like my VE changes arent making much of a difference. What really bugs me is on a warm startup, the rpm will start at 1500ish, then jump to 2000 for a little bit, then drop down.
    I have no clue what is causing this, I suspect the two issues are related

8.ve-tuning-primary-ve.hptlog3-notuneafetrr-idlesucks.hplVCM Editor.cfgVCM Scanner.cfg

Advanced Tuner
    What codes are coming up when you check with the scanner program?

I recently tuned a swapped car with a similar year engine and nothing in idle airflow, burst knock, spark or startup spark or airflow, would help cure the startup flare.

I did notice there was an RPM signal code.

When I first flashed the tahoe OS (w 2bar speed density) into the camaro I had codes for alt term f, and maf. I disabled those pids (as seen in my tune file above)
    no codes now
    ABS and airbag aren't connecting to the PCM but I don't care about those right now.

Your MAF DTCs (P0101/102/103) are set to No Error Reported, which means it cannot ever fail those tests and set the code(s) needed for it to default to speed density mode. Those should be MIL on First.

Engine > Airflow > Dynamic - High RPM Disable should also be changed to some implausibly high number (>8,000).

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Your MAF DTCs (P0101/102/103) are set to No Error Reported, which means it cannot ever fail those tests and set the code(s) needed for it to default to speed density mode. Those should be MIL on First.

Engine > Airflow > Dynamic - High RPM Disable should also be changed to some implausibly high number (>8,000).
    Ah! Thank you!