Thread: Discrepancy in 02 Mv readings

Tuner in Training

Discrepancy in 02 Mv readings

Can anyone confirm if this discrepancy between banks is indicative of a sensor or wiring problem? Car runs open loop so this is indicative, not functional but i see a constant yet not consistent dropping of bank readings, mostly at idle, sometimes light load. Or is it such a small real world difference in ratios that it's not a concern? 236/242 on a 110 split so idle is a tricky area.

1.4 first.hpl

My new wide-band sensors are soon to arrive, this is just curiosity.
    Last edited by HQforme; 12-26-2022 at 07:39 PM.

Honestly, I'm surprised they track that closely and show that much activity, given that it's forced open loop.

Tuner in Training
    Well i take that as a good sign but i'd imagine things would be more mutually inconsistent in a system such as this?

Edit; sorry, should have elaborated i want to get it to the point i can turn fuel trims back on if required.
    Last edited by HQforme; 12-27-2022 at 04:22 AM.

Never heard of needing to see a certain behavior in OL before changing back to CL, but whatever floats your boat. What's it going to hurt either way? Using trims in CL to evaluate your wideband accuracy and quality of the tuning done so far is just as valid, if not more so, than using OL behavior to do whatever it is you were looking for with your NB mV's.

Tuner in Training
    Cheers, i just wanted to ensure it was normal behaviour before i let them be a reference for the ECU making changes.