Thread: Stock 2006 5.3 alcohol

Advanced Tuner

Stock 2006 5.3 alcohol

I got a log of a stock 2006 silverado 5.3 flex on regular pump gas. It is reporting 35.9% alcohol on pump gas. It has not had any e85 put in the tank. Several weeks after logging it is stalling and giving p0175. I believe it does have a cold air intake and also a aftermarket throttle body, i think a jet TB. Could the maf be oiled down or dirty? Possibly one of the parts skewing maf reading?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Reset the alcohol composition or just turn it off completely if it's reporting values like that on regular E10 fuel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    That may be a good option. Im guessing the pcm looks at maf and fuel trims to calculate ethanol%?

Advanced Tuner
    In the tune what is the Default Percentage alcohol if it detects a Flex fuel sensor failure?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm pretty sure it was 38%, I know for a fact it was not defaulted. It does not have a sensor, it is virtual.

Senior Tuner
    Last year for physical sensor on Gen 3 FF was 05. They returned in 2014.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive seen [ECM] 3144 set to 35ish % on some and just my first thought.
    Trouble shot a jeep with a LS swap and it ran horrible. Found out it thought it had a failed sensor and was running crazy rich.

Advanced Tuner
    We agreed to disable flex fuel since they aren't using it and it's not available locally. Would this os support a real flex fuel sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    We agreed to disable flex fuel since they aren't using it and it's not available locally. Would this os support a real flex fuel sensor?
    All P59s support a real sensor, just not if you are tuning with HP Tuners or EFI Live. Some stuff behind the scenes has to be enabled. I run a P59 with a cable throttle, 4x ignition reluctor, distributor, flex fuel and lean cruise with a P59. Also has analog ac request and a PWM controlled EV Fan clutch.