Thread: 2013 Silverado 5.3 630% injector duty!?

Senior Tuner

2013 Silverado 5.3 630% injector duty!?

Guys, got a 2013 here and getting scan data like I've never seen before. Bit of background here, truck had an On3 Turbo kit and the previous shop/tuners, yes tuners, blew three motors on this thing. Shop local to me installed a stock motor and truck does have stock injectors. When trying to accelerate, the truck breaks up hard and injector duty shoots to over 600% and ms hits 410. Anyone ever seen this in their travels? New one for me here.

This "should be" a stock 5.3 at this point from the info I've been given. I was able to confirm through the owner that the truck does have the stock injectors installed. We don't know what stall is in this thing either, but guessing, Id say its a 3600 from how it acts leaving a stop. Thank-You for looking guys

Go to time stamp 2:41 in the attached scan to see what I'm into here if you're willing to have a peek.

Paul
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    There is something odd with one of the transient tables that might be it. I'd put ti back to stock

Else.. This might just be a bad computer. I've had bad ECM's do odd things like this.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Found it...in speedo they had conflicting gears. 342 and 373. Even gears went back to stock on this and putting the 342 in both boxes cleared this problem up.