Thread: cylinders 1,4,6 and 7 not firing

Tuner in Training

cylinders 1,4,6 and 7 not firing

04 silverado SS. new build . engine will start and idle only. Cylinders 1,4,6 and 7 are not firing. Non DOD Engine. No signal to coil to fire. I have double checked coil grounds, ecm supplied ground and coil voltage supply. no herz signal to fire coil being delivered to these 4 cylinders. verified CKP sensor voltage. RPM is reading on tach and scan tool. Looking to see if anyone has ever encountered this issue?
    Last edited by cfiester; 12-20-2022 at 12:03 AM.

Since no Gen3 PCM ever even heard of DOD, and you're missing on exactly the same cylinders as the Gen4 DOD engines use, I bet you accidentally put in a DOD camshaft. 2005-2006 DOD engines came with 3-bolt cams and lots of people assume that if it's 3-bolt it's just another LS cam.

Advanced Tuner
    Im interested in how this turns out.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your thoughts blndsquirrel. Problem is there is no spark at these coils. The ecm is not sending the herz signal to fire the coils.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RDF1 View Post
    Im interested in how this turns out.
    24X reluctor wheel was on backwards. K1 technologies Crankshaft out of the box.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiester View Post
    24X reluctor wheel was on backwards. K1 technologies Crankshaft out of the box.
    Are they going to compensate you in any way?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Are they going to compensate you in any way?
    we will find out

Advanced Tuner
    Last K1 4" crank i bought was a 58x in a 24x box. Got to watch out for them. I learned my lesson to always have the little things inspected. Had a machine shop put a 24x on wrong and we caught it before assembling the engine.