Thread: 6L80/L83 trans tune questions

Tuner

6L80/L83 trans tune questions

So my tune on my engine I feel is spot on. Wideband is happy, everything seems great on the engine side. However, occasionally....and only under LIGHT throttle when upshifting, it seems to slide into gear, almost like a slip, especially in 3rd and up. when shifting to 6th under very light load, almost flares. Dont feel like its a mechanical problem. Because thats the only time it does that. under heavy throttle, it shifts hard like I want. I guess my question is, with this kind of issue, what would be best to adjust? Just pressure? I dont want to adjust too much because like I said, under heavy throttle its amazing. Or could this be a driver demand adjustment with the engine, etc? thanks in advance!

Have you tried Bluecat?

Senior Tuner
    What are the shift "Time" set to while you feel this issue? How have you approached 6l tuning with this so far? Pressure or by shift time?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    What are the shift "Time" set to while you feel this issue? How have you approached 6l tuning with this so far? Pressure or by shift time?
    Basically the pressure. Havent adjusted the shift times. I can post the tune if that helps. wasnt thinking about that. I have not tried BlueCat, but did download it lol

Tuner
    Heres the tune. Wasnt sure how to post just the transmission tune, so heres the entire tune.

L83.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Pressure really isn't the best way to tune 6l. I'd put it back to stock. You'll likely have to do a fast relearn/ preset. Then adjust shift time to get where you want to be.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Pressure really isn't the best way to tune 6l. I'd put it back to stock. You'll likely have to do a fast relearn/ preset. Then adjust shift time to get where you want to be.
    Sounds good. I will try that out later. thanks! Ill post an update if youd like to check the difference in the tunes.

Tuner
    Does anyone know the stock setting for the regulator offset? Just wanted to compare to mine and I cannot see my stock file right now on this computer. Got my timing where I want it...so much better now. Im assuming also in the tune if you have zeros in some blocks and time in others, it will try to match whatever is not zero for that shift? had a .360 for the 2-3 shift around 0 and 59lb ft. and zeros on the rest for some reason. but watching the log, it was shifting around .35 for each. weird....

do a ((re-learn proceedure)), i find the 6l80 tends to forget the tune I program into it, gets all soft after its adjusted a couple weeks later.... you'll have to block the cooler line just to warm it up to 185-190, might try a set of vice grips and pinch the ruber hose inline other wise block the cooler line somehow

little update on fast learn, you might have to use a snap on tool or autel scan tool unit, HPtuners doesnt always work even at the correct temp, when doing special functions