Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 430HP LS3 Crate Engine in C5 Base Tune

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stevensa View Post
    Yeah it seems to be a pretty hot topic. As I am sure you have seen, you can read just about every extreme out there when it comes to what is compatible with what. I have gathered now from a few different threads and a few videos that the LS3 gold blade will indeed work with the C5 TAC, you just need to limit the max throttle angle rotation to avoid a code and REP. It seems when set to 100%, the blade will actually over rotate and freak out the TPS sensor signals. Opinions vary here on what the max correct value is, but it seems they all work ok once you find it.
    Here's a 2001 C5 tune with stock LS3 using a gold TB. He's been running with it since 2019 without problems. It's tuned for regular gas here in Finland.

C5_LS3_Gold_TB.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Here's a 2001 C5 tune with stock LS3 using a gold TB. He's been running with it since 2019 without problems. It's tuned for regular gas here in Finland.

C5_LS3_Gold_TB.hpt
    Awesome, thank you. Ill take a look at this in a few weeks when I am back home with the car. This will be a great reference!

Advanced Tuner
    Now when I think it again, this was around 2017 or so and I was travelling and I had 3 hour slot to do actual tuning, including visit to a dyno and of course some street tuning for normal driving.

MAP values aren't from LS3, so that should be changed. Base fuel pressure was 58 psi. Also if I recall right, it would also need some tweaking for startup tables. It does start, though, but not instantly.

Tuner in Training
    This tune is complete, thanks to all who helped guide me along the way. I have uploaded the tune file and dyno sheet to the first post, hopefully it will be helpful to someone in the future.