Thread: WOT timing below specified, no correction tables in effect

Tuner in Training

WOT timing below specified, no correction tables in effect

As the title says, noticed this doing a quick WOT pull while wideband tuning. I'm seeing a steady 24degrees at WOT which is lower than commanded (within 2 degrees though). I can't see any base correction tables in effect that i'm aware of. SD tune so low octane table in use i believe? It's matched with hi octane regardless. I note 24 is the max in the base timing tables? But car will happily run up to 40 degrees during regular driving. Car has no VSS, no PRDN input, mafless LS1.

I only ask here as clearly i'm missing something terribly obvious but searching hasn't found it.Current best tune licensed RTT 1.2.hpt. Feel free to point it out then playfully mock me.dougo pull 2.hpl

Cheers.

If this is MAF-less, you have a few wrong settings for speed density only.

The MAF fail high hz is still set to 13,500hz and you set the dynamic airflow to 101/100rpm, you'd want that to be at something like 7000+ rpm so it never tries to use the MAF table.

Your OPEN LOOP EQ ratio is set wrong and that is skewing all your fueling. You MUST command 1.00 (stoich) while at operating temp. The commanded fueling can never bounce around like you have it now. You can't tune a moving target like that.

Also if you are commanding basically a 13.3 AFR at full throttle and your VE has values way over 100 in it, you got some problems going on. Like low fuel pressure or wildly incorrect injector data. No reason to tune it that lean either, best to keep it in the mid to upper 12's for good safe power.

You are not logging knock retard or burst knock so you have zero idea if the computer is pulling timing on you.

The log is also missing cylinder airmass, injector pulse width avg and your wideband information. Other tables wouldn't be a bad idea that go with timing so that you can see what is and isn't pulling timing.

So this thing needs a decent amount of help before going on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Cheers! No MAF in the car at all. I'll set dynamic rpm above my rev limit. What should maf fail be at, 0, correct?

95% of that file was as supplied from a "pro tuner" with the motor's old owner who ran it for 4 years like that so i'm working my way through it all as i learn. It's just a base line as i've changed everything bar heads and cam.

The log was just a quick pull with minimal parameters. There's a graph for timing retard but muggins over here never clicked that there were no numbers logged as the channel wasn't logged.

AFR on the dyno we set 12.7-12.8 using VE table adjustments. I see the PE figures are commanding strangely lean ratios. Injector data all came from another 'known good combo" using the same injectors. Factory GM supercharged 6 (white body). This file/motor originally had stock LS1 injectors so i suspect some numbers were fudged around that. Pump is a stock VE Commodore (SS Camaro?)MRA.

All light throttle has been tuned close to stoich with live tuning VE table just targeting load cells. Driving around on the wideband the thing is quite happy. But that's me coming from the carby world i guess and not knowing hw good it can be. LTIT and STIT are off. My VE table you can see is a tad wavy which i guess is a result of fighting that open loop PE being all over the show?

Right now my mystery is the timing. I'll make sure to log more channels and see if anything is being pulled.

Basically i've been doing motors for years but am a total EFI noob.

I've altered the open loop EQ, PE EQ, MAf fail Hz and RPM. Car is on the dyno Friday so we can re-do WOT and my new wideband 02 sensors go in tomorrow as i'll be going through cruising and freeway with the live tuning VE again.

Edit; i re-checked the original file and PE ratios were far more appropriate. Not sure how but at some point in moving things around it seems i've managed to end up with entirely different numbers in there. Strange but at least one mystery solved.
    Last edited by HQforme; 12-08-2022 at 06:07 AM.