Thread: throttle response and chop tuning help

Potential Tuner

throttle response and chop tuning help

Hey guys, looking for a little assistance on tuning my 5.3 mods are as follows:

Btr Stage 3
    Beehive springs
    Long tubes 3"
    CAI
    3200 stall
    stock intake
    stock injectors
    stock heads
    stock bottom end.

Nothing special just a basic little street build.

Truck currently has a baseline tune in it, it idles runs and drives fine. BUT when getting on throttle it falls on its face until it slowly kinda wakes up. I assume its super rich down low and way too lean up top. i dont dog the truck since it isnt correctly tuned so i kinda lay off of it. But i have gotten a log from a small short WOT pull and basic drive. I will post it below. I will also post its current full tune from VCM editor as well. The truck was built 2 years ago and wasnt driven but on occasion and im now finishing the appearance and interior so un wanting to make it my daily. Any and all help and tips are welcomed. Im new to this and just got my MPVI3 so cut me some slack on terminology. I have navigated the editor but the values just scare me and i dont want to adjust something wrong. So id rather just speak to the experts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Needs bigger injectors before you actually start tuning anything, otherwise you will only be able to take this engine to maybe 5,000rpm before it's out of fuel. Plus you'd had to redo everything below that when you went bigger, so do it now and save the headache.

Get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning, it's a must have and you can't tune without one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Im with 5FDP, You need a wideband before even trying to mess with it. Then after you get wideband installed you need some injectors to really get the RPMs out of it. You have 25# injectors and you will see Duty cycle max out around 5000 rpms and no matter what you do your AFR will lean out above that.

And it's probably a dog down low because the power enrich settings are still stock.

Potential Tuner
    Had an assumption I would need bigger injectors, suggestions on size? I don’t plan on doing anything more to the truck for a quite awhile so I’m thinking maybe Bosch 42#?

Advanced Tuner
    Depends on future goals.
    If thats all your going to do, then the 8.1 marine injectors would be a option. If wanting more then the L9H injectors would work.

Is there data in GM format for those, whatever they are?

Any of these were used by GM and there are stock files to pull stock GM data from, unlike some weird-ass Ford/Volvo injector:

19421333 - 29lb
    12587269 - 33lb
    12580426 - 35lb
    12594512 - 36lb
    12613411 - 38lb
    12576341 - 42lb
    12609749 - 50lb
    12613412 - 51lb
    (there's also the 52lb 12598646, but they have a weird spray pattern specific to LSA/LS9)

Advanced Tuner
    yea i have a tune from a 8.1 marine controller.

Oh, sorry, that was reference to 'Bosch 42'. You posted while I was looking for where I'd put that injector p/n list.

Advanced Tuner
    haha woops..

Senior Tuner
    The tune needs a lot of work. I wouldn't get too down by the way it feels. There is a lot to be had in there.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    I’m all ears on improving this haha enlighten me please haha