Thread: Segment swap help!!!!!

Potential Tuner

Segment swap help!!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE IN NEED OF GUIDANCE. I CURRENTLY HAVE A 02 CAMARO ls1 ECU MANUAL TRANS AND IT IS ALREADY TUNED TO MY ENGINE SETUP, BUT NOW I AM CURRENTLY SWITCHING OVER FROM MANUAL TRANS TO AN AUTOMATIC 4l60e. MY RESEARCH HAS LEAD ME TO BELIVE ALL I WOULD NEED TO DO IS PERFORMED A SEGMENT SWAP FILE THAT HAS SAME OPERATING SOFTWARE WITH AN AUTOMATIC FILE THIS TRUE? AND ALSO SHOULD I SAVE MY TUNE FILE AND RELOAD THAT ENGINE TUNE TO THE ECU AFTER THE SEGMENT SWAP. PLEASE ANY GUIDANCE WILL HELP THANK YOU.

It's better to flash the computer with a real automatic OS if you ask me, I wouldn't segment swap for this.

Then once that is done you could just do a copy and paste of the engine side of the tune into that new automatic file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    so please correct me if im wrong find a tune file in the repository section of hp tuners with the same OS software but in a automatic file and then paste over my engine portion of the tune ? also i noticed since i have a 2 bar speed density tune in it it says on 'security key" 0x1bba (os mod locked) does this mean the ecu is locked by tuner ?

You couldn't do a segment swap even you want to now that I know you have a 2 bar upgraded tune file. The segment swap would never work with that, it has to be a stock OS.

I'd probably find another computer or try to have yours flashed with a VIN/OS that is for an automatic car. Then create a new tune from there. Having no idea what is actually done to the vehicle and all the things involved, I can't say exact what you need to do and it's not really something I could do over a keyboard. Kinda need to be hands on with that one to make it all correct again after things are changed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.