Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 08 Silverado Truck Norris cam

Tuner in Training
    I have 09 version of this truck norris cam and springs.

LH6 engine 4x4.
    performance shop failed me and tune is all screwed up and I have no fresh copy to start with . would this be a similar tune for me and a good start

Tuner in Training blackbeauty435's Avatar
    Yes, it?ll get you started. But still would need some adjustments

Tuner in Training
    Oh yea She is almost back from the dead !!!!

just need to name her and finish out cosmetic work !!

tried to attach image but wont let me

Tuner in Training
    Tried to drive to gas station from shop again didn't data log as I didn't trust leaving laptop in area.
    seemed to have a dead spot in accelerator after shift. then just before big hill it accelerator quit responding trans quit pulling then went into reduced power mode .

waited a minute restarted it and it did ok back to shop although service brakes came on ? all are new !

Next I have to tune for thisintake1.jpg
    intake2.jpg

Any codes?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty435 View Post
    Any codes?
    Far tii many to list from memory. but I am not sure its from tune ? I had a front drive shaft that had unconnected itself all 6 bolts missing .Think it must have been barely holding on , and just gave way after binding and completely freaking out computer . My wife drove it on 8 hr trip in 4 wheel drive and somehow trans survived but lifter finally gave up which was catalyst for this rebuild. So I think this is left over from that .

after that issue and computer being up in arms , I got back to the shop it was a little hard to crank for a minute , then it had a long crank seems as though battery is struggling but brand new . My key fobs wont connect now

I drove it around our lot afterwards and ran good . Think shift points are too high for this set up feel like its gaining RPMS more than power . Didnt drive it home as tornados and lightning were an issue all day didn't want to risk being stuck on side of road . I did get few minutes of idle data logged.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    LTFT -20 ? does that mean Too rich and removing fuel or am I too lean ?

Too rich

Tuner in Training
    Too rich
    I am dumb as a hammer when sleep deprived . 12 hour days in this rv/argo shop destroy my old tail.

You have a bigger intake . Mine is stock, I am running rich . I need to turn fuel down as I am not getting as much air . All my codes are vacuum related which would explain that I think

I haven?t installed my intake yet. Still stock. If all your codes are vacuum related, check for leaks. Is your idle out of wack?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it?ll get you started. But still would need some adjustments
    Hows the tune now?

Quote Originally Posted by lsxjunkie View Post
    Hows the tune now?
    it?s good now, still tweaking a few things. But definitely better. Didn?t have to change much after installing the new intake and 102mm

Has no power when I get on it
    Need to adjust my MAF but not even sure how or what to do to it

Next I have to tune for thisintake1.jpg
    intake2.jpg
    Horrible idea switching from a truck manifold to this. Are you trying to kill all your low end torque

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner in Training SolarSupremacy's Avatar
    Has no power when I get on it
    Need to adjust my MAF but not even sure how or what to do to it
    Make sure you cover your bases. Is the engine not able to perform well or is it limiting itself? Could be knock retard, dropping to low octane table, speed density VE map out of wack, or even DTCs.

Monitor ignition advance & retard, monitor engine load to see if it's trying... just some thoughts from an amateur tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    Horrible idea switching from a truck manifold to this. Are you trying to kill all your low end torque
    Shit! You?re right, I didn?t think about that when I ordered it. 🤦*♂️

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    I see it ALL the time. Guys don't listen when I tell them not to put that crap on their trucks because it murders torque. "But it looks sooo cooool brooo"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    The tuner should have maxed out the misfire tables. Misfire diag just doesn't work with a cam. It picks up on the lope as a miss.
    Alvin I know you've been in the game a long time and know your stuff but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you here. Disabling the PCM's ability to see a real misfire is never a good thing. I've seen a lot of blown up engines that didn't have to be because tuners turned off misfires and the driver had no way of knowing their engine was breaking up because of a real problem. It's all about numbing down the tables enough so they'll ignore the cam, but still alert the driver in case a real misfire is occurring. The P0300 needs to stay at 2nd mil, and the tables need to be multiplied until they're a touch over ignoring the cam on the scanner. I've tuned cams with 30+ degrees of overlap this way that still had active misfire monitors and no issues at all with false P0300's.

Tuning Addict
    I personally set the misfire rpm up around 2800 to 3400 that way if it's got an actual miss, it'll still pick it up, but on extreme cams I've seen even raising the counters quite a bit will still cause random misfire codes which is why I started raising the rpm threshold so it won't look for them below that point.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC