Thread: Idle settings for LS1 w/ TSP Torquer V2 Cam

Idle settings for LS1 w/ TSP Torquer V2 Cam

I have a Torquer V2 Cam (232/234) in my C5 Corvette and it was tuned by a company in West Chester, PA.
    I feel like they didn't do a great job with the idle tuning because under certain situations, the rpms drop to 300-400 and sometimes it stalls out. With the A/C on, it almost always stalls out when coming to a stop unless you can catch it manually in time and modulate the throttle.

Is anyone willing to share a tune for a similar setup or at least all of the idle settings. I want to compare & adjust so I can improve the drivability.

Advanced Tuner
    Try posting your tune along with a log of it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    I'll try to get one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    Didn't get a log yet, but here's the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    By far I'm no pro at this I took a look at your tune just to learn a little about other tunes. (I'm also having issues in tuning myself.)
    I did notice that your STFT is still Disabled and you LTFT are on. Not sure if that's going to help?,,, With my tune both are on.
    Also your Idle/RPM/Base setpoint your P/N AC on and off are 0. Maybe set those to match your in gear numbers.
    Plus in your PE EQ Ratio is set to 1.176 with mine it's set to 1.000 from 0-1200 RPM Range. That keeps your RPM's at stoich (14.68) or from trying to go rich.

Not sure if any of that will help??? Just seems weird that your STFT is off but I don't know your set up.

Quote Originally Posted by corsairguy View Post
    By far I'm no pro at this I took a look at your tune just to learn a little about other tunes. (I'm also having issues in tuning myself.)
    I did notice that your STFT is still Disabled and you LTFT are on. Not sure if that's going to help?,,, With my tune both are on.
    Also your Idle/RPM/Base setpoint your P/N AC on and off are 0. Maybe set those to match your in gear numbers.
    Plus in your PE EQ Ratio is set to 1.176 with mine it's set to 1.000 from 0-1200 RPM Range. That keeps your RPM's at stoich (14.68) or from trying to go rich.

Not sure if any of that will help??? Just seems weird that your STFT is off but I don't know your set up.
    Was tuned before I bought the car and I've never used HP Tuners prior to this (only Haltech), so I'm learning as well.
    What is the STFT and LTFT you mention? I'll look into this and read up on them.

I'm not afraid to start playing with numbers and see how it responds since I can always revert back.

Senior Tuner
    The tune looks much much better than most tunes posted.

There are things that are done that I don't do.. I just say that so I'm not endorsing all the moves made but it is in no way like the Hacky crap we see posted after a guy gets a tune somewhere.

Post a log with LTIT and STIT logged specifically. If you have a wideband make sure its on the log. This is likely just a little too rich in decel problem, a base running airflow problem, or not enough torque set aside for AC/Defrost.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    The tune looks much much better than most tunes posted.

There are things that are done that I don't do.. I just say that so I'm not endorsing all the moves made but it is in no way like the Hacky crap we see posted after a guy gets a tune somewhere.

Post a log with LTIT and STIT logged specifically. If you have a wideband make sure its on the log. This is likely just a little too rich in decel problem, a base running airflow problem, or not enough torque set aside for AC/Defrost.
    Got it, I'll do this...hopefully soon as the days of getting the C5 out are few and becoming few and far between.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm sorry to inform you your tune is extremely bad, compare with stock tune and start all over. There is nothing like GM Stock tune all you need to is to fix fuel and spark at idle for camshaft. Ther are lots of parameters no need change from stock tune.

Quote Originally Posted by C5 2000 View Post
    I'm sorry to inform you your tune is extremely bad, compare with stock tune and start all over. There is nothing like GM Stock tune all you need to is to fix fuel and spark at idle for camshaft. Ther are lots of parameters no need change from stock tune.
    Describe what's bad about it. I've had several others tell me that it looked pretty good; drivability is really good, and it made 432whp with a great looking curve. Can't be *that* bad, can it?
    The only thing I don't care for is that they tuned out the decel cut, probably to make it pop more on decel. I'd rather put the decel cut back in but haven't located the exact table I need yet.
    Last edited by phuz; 11-26-2022 at 07:54 AM.