Thread: Gen 2 Coyote Idle Issue

Gen 2 Coyote Idle Issue

I'm working with a 2017 GT with a Procharger. The car runs nice and smooth with great power, but I have one little issue. When the car is started cold it fires right up and idles nice and smooth at the cold idle 1250 rpm setting. Then around 35 seconds into idle the idle speed control mode goes from rpm control to rpm control no learning. The idle immediately starts going up to about 2000 rpms and about 50 seconds into the idle time rpm control kicks back in and the idle starts going down but surges until warm. I have experienced this many times before and have seen multiple post with the same issue, but no definitive answer on how to fix or why it goes from control to no learning. What I do know is that playing with the torque tables helps but no real method of working it out has been explained.

Thank You
    Bad383TA

Usually related to bad MAF or injector data but might be something else in a tune. post it will take a peak.

I have included the current calibration and other then this start up idle flare everything drives smooth. I also noticed that at the same time this happens VVT mode goes from Emissions Reduction reduction to optimum stability mode. STFT are 0-3% and timing is the same between VVT 0-1-2 in the idle load range, but timing does start going up when entering stability mode. The car was previously tuned remotely and had the injectors and Gen 3 Intake, so something is probably off.

Bad383Ta
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    log so we can see status of idle
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

injectors Brand and size ?
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Like I said MAF curve is chopped...you start with period 1432 and you jump like MJ to 578...this wont work well unless you have 6 inch MAF tube.

Advanced Tuner
    Maf Transfer is real bad.. Some areas look like they're for a 60mm maf while other cells look like they're for a 130mm maf.
    What size is your maf housing? There are a lot of different parameters that need some work.