Thread: 98 GT Coyote Swap tuning issues, throwing Codes: P0019, P0930, P0934

Potential Tuner

98 GT Coyote Swap tuning issues, throwing Codes: P0019, P0930, P0934

Looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue, I'm brand new to tuning and coyotes in general. I have a 98 GT we swapped a Gen 2 F-150 Motor that has been rebuilt to match a Gen 2 Mustang motor using a Gen 2 FRPP. Only thing left on the motor that would be F-150 is the Intake and injectors. The car has a IMRC delete, a SR performance air filter system, BBK long tube headers, and a custom full 3'in exhaust with flow-master high-flow cats, also 3.73 gears. We built the car and took it to a nearby tuner where we ran into an issue with the o2's reading wrong along with the exhaust cams advancing 40+ degrees through the pull instead of staying too the commanded 16-18 degrees. Whereas the Intake cams held solid the entire time. This was causing a huge drop in hp.

The car has a surging/stumbling issue at idle and low rpm, sounding likes it's cammed, also stubbles under acceleration until about 3000+ rpm. The car is drivable in its current state as long as you are at 3000+ rpm cruising speed, anything lower the car dies out when you come to a stop. The car is tuned to be rich to compensate. The car has been throwing the code P0019, in which we replaced both cam position sensors and the crank sensor, where after a bit of driving the perm P0019 cleared up. Now it's throwing a perm P0930 and P0934 codes, where now all the cams are either advancing insanely or retarding at random intervals during a pull/drive. We are unsure of what's causing the issue at this point last resort would be tear it down and check timing. Which we are sure was correct when put together.

We believe now that the sensors are new the tune is obsolete due to the sensors now potentially reading correctly.

Just looking for some input, or if someone has a similar setup would share a tune to see how it reacts.

I have all of the files and logs from the tuner if needed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Camodis; 10-23-2022 at 03:47 PM.