Thread: gen 4 5.3 cold cranking issues

Potential Tuner

gen 4 5.3 cold cranking issues

I recently replaced the lc9 5.3 from my 2010 1500 chevy with a lm7 5.3 from summit racing as it was the only option available to get a motor, sans waiting 12+ weeks from all reman.
    i converted the lm7 to a gen 4, 4x cam gear 58 tooth reluctor. I put the motor back in the truck and wont start. both crank and cam sensor were replaced with gm OE sensors as I'm aware of the air gaps with aftermarket sensors. bought hp tuner as I knew I would have to delete vvt, dod, and knock sensors as there was no current place to put them, sans drilling into the block. I deleted vvt and dod as they were the only codes appearing. truck wouldnt start. I put the scope on the sensors and they appear to be correct, but they are not syncing, although they did sync twice and had a short start that lasted less than 2 seconds both times. sometimes the engine seems like its backfiring in intake, and other misfiring issues. so i went back and enabled maf sensor with no help. attempted to retard as it was seeming like it was getting false fires. im completely stumped. please be nice as this is my first tuning project. would like some assistance on what i should try next.
    thank you all for your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files