Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MpvI3 and Jtec+

Advanced Tuner
    jtec.jpg

So is the MPVI3 working with JTEC controllers?

Logging, reading, writing?
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    I just tried the latest Beta this morning on my 2000 Viper, same issue as before. Tried the layout and channel config from post 35, same issue. No logging channels detected in the scanner?

Tuner in Training
    I can confirm MPVI3 can read a 2000 Viper ECU and the file is openable in the editor. I have not attempted a write operation yet.

Tuner in Training
    01 Cherokee XJ, GA Scanner and Editor work, however need to use the BETA editor to write.

editor works for me on 2000 dakota r/t but scanner doesnt work at all
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

im tuning for 36lb injectors now, everything is working fine. only issue is i can never use the scanner, tuning strfictly by wideband
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Tuner in Training
    It has now been over 3 months since my ticket has been opened with no resolution after repeated follow ups. I would think that data logging would be the ?easy? part. My Launch x431 and both of $25 auto parts store scanners have no issues reading O2 voltages / RPM / TPS position, but still nothing here.

Me too I it's basically impossible to tune without the data logger I can't tell what cell I'm in because of using a different t map

I might have to do something else
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Advanced Tuner
    Same issue here. No channels to select on JTEC. Others JTEC PCMs work, this one doesn't.

Ticket Received - [#413480] No channels available in vcm scanner

Tuner in Training
    Again, if anyone at HPTuners is reading this, I am willing to install a debug build of your scanner software on my laptop and give your techs full RDP access to the Windows desktop to troubleshoot the issue with the car on a battery tender. You say the word and I will make it so.

i have a v2 device and the scanner doesn't work. i might try to load those jtec config files on post #35
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Tuner in Training
    I was able to tune a 2002 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 with a MPVI3 using the following method:
    read tune with VCM editor
    datalog with VCM scanner
    write with VCM editor BETA

the standard VCM editor will not write to the ECU, it errors out midway. Thankfully it doesn't result in a no start-condition, it just doesn't do anything at all.

Advanced Tuner
    Ticket Received - [#413480] No channels available in vcm scanner

This is where we are:

Hello,

Sorry, the files look very similar, but thanks.

I have escalated this issue to engineering for further research. Issues are addressed based on priority, complexity, and availability of the appropriate engineer. Unfortunately, I can't give you a timeline for when our engineering team will be able to solve this problem. When a resolution is complete or further information is required, we'll reach out to you.

Rolando
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    On Mon, 4 Mar at 10:58 AM , Spoolboy wrote:
    It was attached to the original request for support, but here it is again.

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 19:11:16 +0000, Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for this information. Could you please also provide an Infolog while connected to the JTEC controller that does display channels in VCM Scanner?

Rolando
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com
    On Thu, 29 Feb at 1:06 PM , Spoolboy wrote:
    I have attached the debug.dat, a screen shot of the lack of available channels, and a new infolog with a controller that works.
    The screenshot is after connecting to the controller and re-polling for supported parameters. The screenshot shows "OBD CONTROLLER: UNKNOWN"

I also have attached a screenshot showing a different JTEC that does find channels.

On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:47:48 +0000, Support <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Spoolboy,
    Thank you for contacting HPT Support.

We have seen certain JTEC controllers have issues in VCM Scanner. Please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing when connected to this specific ECM and a debug.dat file.
    ​debug.dat: https://hptuners.freshdesk.com/suppo...cense-dat-file

If you have access to the other JTECs that do work, could you please provide an Infolog while connected to one of them?
    Infolog: https://hptuners.freshdesk.com/suppo...-suite-infolog

Rolando
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com

said the same thing to me basically...

i tried the config files for the channels and the other one, it didn't work
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Well I wish I knew this was an issue I just got the same generic response after going back and forth with tech support.

I have escalated this issue to engineering for further research.....................

Wasted a credit, time, money for the pro link also just ordered a newer pc thinking it could be an issue on my side

Advanced Tuner
    Here's an update on my issues:

Hello,

Just an update on this. Unfortunately, engineering is still looking into this. There seems to be an ongoing issue with JTEC ECMs that is taking a little longer than expected to figure out. Could you confirm if this 'no channels' issue is happening on both VCM Suite 5.0.4 and VCM Suite BETA? I have been performing some bench testing and have seen that some controllers are able to populate channels in the 'stable 5.0.4' version but not the BETA. If you could try that out with the ECM OS: 56040394AD and let me know if that makes any difference, I can send that information up to engineering as well.

Rolando
    HP Tuners LLC
    www.hptuners.com

I tried 5.0.4 stable and after re-polling for supported parameters it did find channels on my "trouble" JTEC PCM. I was able to do a short bench-test log in VCM Scanner. YMMV, just sharing my experience.

Tuner in Training
    You have an MPVI2 though, correct? Not a 3?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ViPER1313 View Post
    You have an MPVI2 though, correct? Not a 3?
    Mine is a 3.

i have a v2 and i tried that version and i was able to use the scanner.

i used the config files posted on post #35 to get some channels

it took me literally 2 drives to dial in my part throttle fuel with the scanner working. i probably spent 20 hours getting it to where it was decent driving guessing where i was in the fuel tables just by watching the afr/boost/rpm gauges
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Tuner in Training
    Dude you are a legend. The stable version + whatever firmware is on my V3 right now does find and log the channels.