Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MpvI3 and Jtec+

I bought two mpvi3 to upgrade my old mpvi2+, so why should I wait too long, it's seeming like my money was in the trashcan.

Potential Tuner

Mpvi3 minus Jtec support

We are in a pickle at the transmission shop we reprogram shift points and the mpvi3 doesn?t offer support for our jtec customers, we see alot of performance applications and we offer warranties on our transmission work if we cant change the shift points along with everything else we have done internally we have no ground to stand on.

Potential Tuner
    If anyone has an MVPI 2 they’d sell, PM me. Otherwise I guess we’re all screwed until they update/fix this. What would I need to do to help speed up the process of getting the MVPI 3 working with the JTEC stuff?

Potential Tuner
    So has any headway been made on this at all? Or are we left out in the cold?

Potential Tuner
    https://www.hptuners.com/articles/jt...mw1g%3D.TBic7m

Just saw this email today, looks like we got beta support officially now. Won't be testing it till I get back from offroading then I'll play with it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so new firmware and update finally worked on my 2002 jeep wrangler

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MattWjoffroad View Post
    https://www.hptuners.com/articles/jt...mw1g%3D.TBic7m

Just saw this email today, looks like we got beta support officially now. Won't be testing it till I get back from offroading then I'll play with it.

Potential Tuner
    Sweet, good to hear! I've been waiting for this to move forward for my Dakota - a new built boosted engine won't run the most efficient on a Mopar PCM...lol. And I've heard the 2's are getting tough to find now, so...

Tuner in Training
    It's about time! I'm all for capitalism but when someone tries to charge $650 for a MPVI2...I hope they get stuck with them.

Advanced Tuner
    there are other reasons why some of us prefer a 2

Potential Tuner
    Are you able to rewrite a brick jtec pcm? MPVI3 messed my 2000 ram pcm. I purchased a used MPVI2 in hope of recovering the bricked PCM but it does not recognized the PCM. Seems like us Dodge Jtec owners are suckered and losing time and money with HPtuner product. In recent post the current software update has effected MPVI2 to no be able to write JTec pcm. Yet it was update to correct MPVI3 to be able to write to JTec. When will this nightmare go away?

I have the MPVI2 and I can't write my 2004 Jeep wrangler. It appears that the cherokee people are having a similar issue.

Tuner in Training
    I just ordered an MPVI3 for my 2000 Viper and have tried the latest beta VCMSuite / firmware on my MPVI3. VCM Suite is not showing any data channels from the ECU. I can successfully connect to the OBD2 port with a regular scanner without issue. "Connecting to Vehicle" appears to succeed on both bluetooth / USB, however no data channels are displayed (everything is grayed out.) Will this work at all / is this a known issue?

Potential Tuner

Angry This is making me think i wasted 400$

This is getting old, ordered the mpvi3 after looking around and ultimately having a coworker recommend and on this list of vehicles my truck was listed in the supported section with out having to purchase anything extra to get started and tinker and not having to purchase credits until i am ready to program it looked like a good deal... so i have a 98 ram 5.9 magnum and it all started with vcm suit i downloaded the main stable version and found out i had to download the beta that gave me a uneasy feeling but again 400 into this shit show lets see how it plays out, read the vehicle and copy it to the laptop no worries.

I open the scanner and find that it does not read anything no default sae readings nothing and when you go into the drop down for vehicle defaults it list the JTEC and then list an unknown controller nothing else im like oh shit this is really going sideways i submit a ticket that is still open even did a 1 on 1 where they got into my computer and this is the funny part they re-downloaded the beta like oh yeah bro i never thought of that... did it twice before this just to make sure i didnt do a bad install and that session wrapped up with oh im forwarding to a engineer will get back to you soon. that was october 25 2023. At this point i am looking at filing a back charge already spoke to the credit card company they have stated with the screen shots of the website listing my vehicle as supported and the product not working on it and the lack of movement on resolving the issue that getting my money back wont be an issue and i recommend to all that need this to work to check with your cc or bank and review the possibility of getting un-fucked out of money- I want to be clear i have not went through with the chargeback as of yet because i want to have faith they are and will deliver as promised but seeing the complaints im keeping my options open.

Tuner in Training
    What if you plug in the tuner with a usb to your computer. Load the scanner program. Load the layout and channel configs I attached. Then connect to your truck and see if any values show up. 98 Jtec.Channels.xml98 Jtec.Layout.xml

Potential Tuner
    Do you know of any vehicles that run on MPVI3 and jtec/jtec+?
    If so, please let us know the model, year, engine and hptuners version.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by putts000 View Post
    What if you plug in the tuner with a usb to your computer. Load the scanner program. Load the layout and channel configs I attached. Then connect to your truck and see if any values show up. 98 Jtec.Channels.xml98 Jtec.Layout.xml
    I added the channels and lay out then connected and nothingScreenshot (6).png and in the screen shot you can see unknown controller? i have no idea why anything would turn up unknown

Tuner in Training
    Mine looks identical. Screenshot (63).png
    Cars weren't really standardized "OBD" as we know today until 2006+ or so when the CAN BUS took over.
    If your plugged into the car, ignition on, hit the blue car icon to connect to car, then the red circle to start scanning. Values should fill in. Have you gone under the "Help" tab and did the resync, does that work? I'm running the latest "beta" version of the software.

Potential Tuner
    when pugged in and after clicking the blue car icon it runs its poll and connects once fully connected and clicking the scan icon the red circle it screen for the app just gives a quick flash and that is it, it stays connected but never starts and continues the scan session

Potential Tuner
    All people like us who have an issue with JTEC/mpvi3 should absolutely open a ticket support and post them about on Facebook.
    I have sent a ticket a week ago received an email saying that I would be contacted within 24h and I am still waiting.