Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MpvI3 and Jtec+

Tuner in Training

MpvI3 and Jtec+

Apparently the MPVI3 I ordered isn?t compatible with my 2002 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 any ideas about when a update will be available I find it a bit stupid that a newer version wouldn?t be as compatible as an older version.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Apparently the MPVI3 I ordered isn?t compatible with my 2002 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 any ideas about when a update will be available I find it a bit stupid that a newer version wouldn?t be as compatible as an older version.
    I almost ordered a MPVI3 for my 2001 Dakota (JTEC) and asked them if it was compatible. One response from HP said I could use MVPI3 and another said it wasn't compatible yet. They said I had to order a MPVI2+, which are out of stock. They really need to do a better job advertising, no where that I could find said the MVPI3 wouldn't connect to JTEC.

Attached is the post where they told me MPVI3 wasn't compatible with JTEC and JETC+.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...1-jtec-and-HPT

Tuner in Training
    I had an mpvi2 and it was stolen. I just purchased the mpvi3 and from all I could tell from the website it would work on my 2002 tj. Why would they introduce a newer version with less compatibility?

Tuner in Training
    They are working on an update to fix this issue.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    They are working on an update to fix this issue.
    Does anyone have any idea on when it may be fixed?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbaker888 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea on when it may be fixed?
    The hope is to roll out a fix for JTEC late next week if all in house testing goes well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    The hope is to roll out a fix for JTEC late next week if all in house testing goes well.
    Thank you Bill, I’ve been holding off on the mpvi3 because of this, ....... off subject, & I don’t expect an answer , the 03 Hemi trucks? Any hope, any suggestions......other then what we have been doing, ((swapping ecu to 04+
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Potential Tuner
    Well I needed one asap so I bought an mvpi2 I would love to be able to return the mvpi3 to hp tuners since they falsely advertised that the mvpi3 was compatible with my vehicle when it is not.

Hello Bill,

Could you please reply to this post when MPVI3 can support JTEC. Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Gosh I wish I'd have seen this earlier. Used my MPVI3 yesterday to read, make minor modifications, and then it erased and failed to re-write a 99 Ram JTEC+ resulting in a no-start situation for the pickup and no-bus read on the cluster display.

Hoping the fix will allow a proper recovery via MPVI3 without having to have it recovered via other methods.

Hate that my first post has a negative tone, I've been using HPT with no issues on GM trucks. Should have done more research to see real-world results on JTEC(+). That's my own fault.
    Last edited by Westbankfireman; 10-17-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I did the same on my 2002 jeep tj. Cleared all dtc?s then proceded to read the tune and tried rewriting another tune I had and it failed, now it only cranks and wont start.

Potential Tuner
    Same thing here with MPVI3 I worked on 99 Wrangler (JTEC+), made changes to the read file and then it failed to re-write it. I never thought that the newer device doesn't support old stuff, what a disappointment.

Tuner in Training
    Sorta begs the question as to just how much testing occurred BEFORE releasing the MPVI3.

I understand the process is detailed and tedious, but when we're sitting on vehicles that were stated to be supported, and gave no indications of failure until said failure causes undrivable vehicles, the purchase price is assumed to have included the necessary due diligence in product testing before release.

It's a good thing this was a family member and not a customer, in my case.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbankfireman View Post
    Sorta begs the question as to just how much testing occurred BEFORE releasing the MPVI3.

I understand the process is detailed and tedious, but when we're sitting on vehicles that were stated to be supported, and gave no indications of failure until said failure causes undrivable vehicles, the purchase price is assumed to have included the necessary due diligence in product testing before release.

It's a good thing this was a family member and not a customer, in my case.

Welcome to non-GM tuning.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I think.

Tuner in Training
    anyone is the southern ohio area that is in need up help with no start due to failed writing please contact me i may be able to help as i have an mpvi2 and can flash your pcm with a file to help get you back on the road you buy the credits of course.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Yes
    Hello, Bill.

Any updates on this? Want to get an MPVI3, but not until JTEC is fixed.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Potential Tuner
    Partial answer to my own question:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Jtec-B-support

Alpha support was released, not available in beta or full release yet that I can find.