Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v2.1.14 RTT now car won't start...

Tuner

v2.1.14 RTT now car won't start...

Downloaded the new version (2.1.14), RTT is now available for my ride ('00 Corvette). Opened my stock bin, applied the 1BAR SD Enhanced w/ RTT (OS 1271005), saved under a new name, reopened it, used the compare feature to make all changes to match my current 1BAR tune, did a write entire, & now the car won't start. It fires up, & instantly dies. So I did a write entire with my previous tune (OS 1270017), & it fires right up.

Help please,
    Tucker
    Last edited by TSDuke; 10-19-2006 at 01:33 PM.
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    Tried re-linking the VATS? Its a new OS, so the BCM might have compatability issues without it. Can't remember if I had to re-link mine - was a while ago... The symptoms you describe sound exactly like it needs a re-link.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MNR-0
    Tried re-linking the VATS? Its a new OS, so the BCM might have compatability issues without it. Can't remember if I had to re-link mine - was a while ago... The symptoms you describe sound exactly like it needs a re-link.
    I'll give that a try, thanks.

Anybody else have any ideas?
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

Tuner
    Ok, re-linked the VATS, same problem. Car won't start.
    '00 Corvette FRC

There's the 30 minute VATS relearn from somewhere else on the web:

The typical 1998+ Passkey relearn procedure is this:
    1. Disable your headlamps. Attempt to start the vehicle. Vehicle may or may not 'fire' and quit. Some vehicles will not engage the starter. This is normal. DO NOT TURN OFF KEY YET !!

2. Leave the key in the "on" position, until the 'security' light goes out or quits alternately flashing between "Security" and "Battery". This relearn period always takes 10 minutes. How long does this take ? 10 minutes. How long do I have to wait ? 10 minutes.

3. After security light is no longer displayed, shut the key off ! Wait 5-10 seconds and repeat the above procedure (steps 1 through 3) another two completed times for a total of 3 start-relearn-attempts, remembering to shut the key off between each 10 minute relearn procedure. This will take 30 minutes--no less. If the 4th start attempt fails to start the vehicle you did one relearn step (or all of them incorrectly). If you left your headlamps on until the battery went dead and voltage dropped below 10.5 volts, no amount of relearn attempts will be learned !!
    Don't read too much into this. Most people cannot seem to grasp the simplicity of this relearn procedure.

Tuner
    Thanks EC_Tune, I'll give that a shot.
    Last edited by TSDuke; 10-20-2006 at 07:56 AM.
    '00 Corvette FRC

I have the exact same problem only on an 04 GTO 2bar RTT setup. I can switch back to the non RTT version with the same configuration and it works great.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    guys if your having issues with the RTT please post both of the files. The pre (WORKING) non RTT OS. And the post(NON-WORKING) RTT OS so we can see if there are any differences...if we can't find anything we'll pass the info along to HPT to see if they can work with you one on one about your issues. FWIW I've switched over about a 1/2 dozen current customers without issue thus far.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Here ya go...
    '00 Corvette FRC

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    any reason why you setup the maf dtc's differently from the old tune to the new?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    any reason why you setup the maf dtc's differently from the old tune to the new?
    Damn, I didn't notice that. Just made that change.
    '00 Corvette FRC

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If your car majically starts now im putting a smiley in your sig lol

Senior Tuner

Yes, because we require you to start with the stock cal, so somebody may forget to set it to no mil, not no error reported.
    RTT cannot be applied on an existing Osmod.

-Ken

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it wasnt set to no error reported...it was set to SES unchecked & error on first mil...just stood out as something not matching up. Hopefully thats the issue

That's what i just found out... for some reason when I was going through and turning off rear o2's i hit 3 instead 1. I was about to post.

I blame video game repetition. LOL

Also, would anyone else like to see DTC comparison in the comparison log? Not sure if it's a big deal, but I would have caught this error a lot sooner. It should would help crazy people like me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    all you need to do is click them until they turn pink if im not mistaken.

I think pink just means they are changed, although I didn't know that a double click would increment. That's a nice tip. I still prefer my numbers though being a keyboard guy.

Unless you're talking about MIL lights. I always set SD tunes to MIL on first error.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah once they are pink it means they are the same settings in both calibrations and yes if you double click the error mode it will cycle through. Just keep going until they are all pink & your good.

Tuner
    If your car majically starts now im putting a smiley in your sig lol
    I may deserve it, we'll see...
    '00 Corvette FRC

I didn't think about. I'll have to start doing that in the future. I was just using the comparison log to only go to the parts I needed to.

Your way is the smarter way. I don't claim to be the smartest person though. HAHA