Thread: 06 cobalt ss part throttle boost adjust ?

06 cobalt ss part throttle boost adjust ?

Just wondering if ther is a way to adjust boost at part throttle ? I put the 2.8 pulley on and it was a bear to tune for part throttle , WOT was pretty easy (even though it did need an extreme adjustment, even with the 42lb. injectors and IFR table adjusted) . It took me a good 3 hours of driving around and logging and altering the VE and maf table to dial in fuel trims under 3200 rpms . With the stock pulley , I saw about 5 psi at part throttle under 3k and now it sees around 10 psi under the same conditions which created a lean afr and took a lot of time and tuning today to get it running smooth . So I was wondering if there was a way to allow the bypass valve to open a bit earlier in these conditions so it is not so hard on the engine putting 10 psi to it at 2k at part throttle . Also , I should probably make another post about this , but , I found the table that changes the "boost bypass" at 6k and up , it is set to 200% up to 6k and then at 6k it goes to 100% which would be why these things go down to 12 psi at that level , so I tried to make it 200 % like the rest of the table but it would not allow me to do so . Now that I think about it , I may have just partially answered my first question by altering this table under 3k rpms ? Anyone with experience on either of these 2 things ???

Thanks in advance
    Mike
    trying to figure these cars out so I can tune them efficiently ...
    Last edited by mike72678; 06-28-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Anybody ???

OK , well I guess I didn't just answer my first question , it will not allow me to alter boost under 4000 rpm's anyway . Anybody know anything about this ???

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mike72678
    OK , well I guess I didn't just answer my first question , it will not allow me to alter boost under 4000 rpm's anyway . Anybody know anything about this ???
    I put a post in Bugs and Fixes section about this.

in the boost limits table 100% is the same as 200% some calibrations have 200% in them but it does the same thing as 100%. This is the maximum solenoid duty cycle, that can be logged using the scanner as well.
    I count sheep in hex...