Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Camaro FPCM

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    He didn't say it came with the SAME FPCM though (it doesn't).
    I know. I'm just saying...

I believe a local shop that's setting up an E85 car is doing a twin in-tank setup, but will be driving one pump full time and letting the FPCM control the other one. We'll see how that works out.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

You may see the FPCM pull back the output from the first pump if the second switches on before it's needed.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

You may see the FPCM pull back the output from the first pump if the second switches on before it's needed.
    That's what I'd expect... I'm just curious if there'd be an issue with doing that. The current plan was to just have one run full time straight off of battery power and let the other pump be variable.

Guys, I don't know much of what you're talking about in the last couple of posts, but why not use an FPCM modifier like the Magnavolt for Supercharger applications? Wouldn't this boost voltage ultimately throughout the system according to Manifold pressure, or vacuum and bump your Fuel pressure way up there? Or did I miss something.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 10-14-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

fuel pump boosters don't work well on new camaros....

I ended up ditching the FPCM and I'm running a setup from ADM. It's the ctsv fuel pump module set up in a return style system.

Both pumps see a constant voltage all the time and it's boosted to 17 with a kb boost a pump when I get into boost.

My recomendation is to go return style and run constant voltage to the pumps. Throw the FPCM out, it's really for emissions anyway. . .

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by E85 LSX View Post
    I ended up ditching the FPCM and I'm running a setup from ADM. It's the ctsv fuel pump module set up in a return style system.

Both pumps see a constant voltage all the time and it's boosted to 17 with a kb boost a pump when I get into boost.

My recomendation is to go return style and run constant voltage to the pumps. Throw the FPCM out, it's really for emissions anyway. . .
    Had been wondering what you ended up doing. Is your website back up or going to be back up soon?
    Jeramey
    Litzman Racing

Tuner
    alot of ppl are just ditching the FPCM...pulling it out and deleting all codes via EFI Live or HPTuners.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYards86 View Post
    alot of ppl are just ditching the FPCM...pulling it out and deleting all codes via EFI Live or HPTuners.

Yup, the car works fine without it. Just unplug the FPCM delete any codes that pop up and build a return style fuel system. . .

Tuner
    Did you put the return regulator on the fuel rail or back by the tank like some have done?? What wire did you use to turn on the fuel pump relay?
    6 sec 648TT Outlaw 10.5 86 Camaro (sold), 2010 Camaro SS (sold), 64 chevy C10 w429ci LS3 M6, 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Did you put the return regulator on the fuel rail or back by the tank like some have done?? What wire did you use to turn on the fuel pump relay?
    The regulator is up by the fuel rails. The wire to trigger the relays is one of the wires in the FPCM connector. . . I forget the color. PM me if you really need it, I'll pull the side panel and take a look

Tuner
    You don't have to do that. I can probably figure it out when I get ready to do this. I assume its the wire that gets hot or maybe goes to ground for 2 seconds when you first turn the key on. Did you move the pressure sensor up to the rail as well?? thanks
    6 sec 648TT Outlaw 10.5 86 Camaro (sold), 2010 Camaro SS (sold), 64 chevy C10 w429ci LS3 M6, 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    You don't have to do that. I can probably figure it out when I get ready to do this. I assume its the wire that gets hot or maybe goes to ground for 2 seconds when you first turn the key on. Did you move the pressure sensor up to the rail as well?? thanks
    No I didn't move the pressure sensor but since I have the FPCM disconnected it doesn't matter. Without the FPCM hooked up the computer doesn't know the fuel pressure. It just defaults to around 58psi. You need to use a manifold referenced regulator and flatline the IFR table and others.

This all kinda..... Sucks. At least you got it figured out.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Senior Tuner
    Here's an interesting thread I just put up on CadillacForums.com:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...important.html

Regards,

James
    Last edited by RWTD; 12-12-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    great post RWTD, you have always been of great help here, i love reading your informative posts, and i do agree on the table raping thing, i have retuned a few cars that were done by big name local shops and they all had the PE table raped , i dont get it, it doesnt take that more much time to tune the MAF properly, but o well,might be because they have a flat rate for tuning so the faster they get the car off the dyno the more money they can make i guess??
    Last edited by bartender_77; 12-13-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Finally they flat told us that ADM makes the setup, and they have an online manual. We still had questions regarding the BAP as well as the pump kit and they would refer us to ADM who would say "sorry, ask Lingenfelter". I keep after Lingenfelter for a working method by which to install the BAP and finally the phone guy says"you're building the car, do whatever you want with it, we can't help you".
    Check this out, LOL:

http://admperformance.com/data/item_pdf/product240.pdf

WOW, nice of them to put the instruction manual on their site, but to tell you to go paddle up shit creek.

As for the BAP, just ask anyone with a KB setup on their Gen5, as they include easy to understand instructions on how to install it. I'll see if I can't get my friend to scan his.
    Formerly known as RWTD

The 2010 Camaros definitely do have a fuel pressure sensor.

When talking about the pressure falling off... Is that effective pressure or actual line pressure that you're referring to? In all the boosted Camaros I've done, it's normal to see the effective pressure (listed as Inj Delta Pressure) get lower as boost goes up with the returnless setups. At 8psi boost, the Inj Delta Pressure should be 50psi since the FPCM is trying to keep pressure in the rail at 58.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    The 2010 Camaros definitely do have a fuel pressure sensor.
    You're exactly right! I had a brain fart last night. It was late.

When talking about the pressure falling off... Is that effective pressure or actual line pressure that you're referring to? In all the boosted Camaros I've done, it's normal to see the effective pressure (listed as Inj Delta Pressure) get lower as boost goes up with the returnless setups. At 8psi boost, the Inj Delta Pressure should be 50psi since the FPCM is trying to keep pressure in the rail at 58.
    Yeup, you're 100% correct. See my revised post on the Caddy forums, and you'll see that I referenced such.

Once you'll read that, you'll understand why I'm concerned or curious if the CTS-V2 had a mechanical pressure regulator off the pumps just like the Camaro does. Has anyone seen the basket assembly and can chime in? Steve (Frost)? If it doesn't, then this means that using the Caddy pump assembly/system can/will become insufficient on a higher powered setup, especially forced induction, as well.
    Last edited by RWTD; 12-12-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    You're exactly right! I had a brain fart last night. It was late.

Yeup, you're 100% correct. See my revised post on the Caddy forums, and you'll see that I referenced such.

Once you'll read that, you'll understand why I'm concerned or curious if the CTS-V2 had a mechanical pressure regulator off the pumps just like the Camaro does. Has anyone seen the basket assembly and can chime in? Steve (Frost)? If it doesn't, then this means that using the Caddy pump assembly/system can/will become insufficient on a higher powered setup, especially forced induction, as well.
    The CTS-V assembly has a mechanical relief valve just like the stock Camaro basket. I removed it and put in a solid machined plug that ADM supplied to ensure this valve isn't opening with my higher than stock fuel pressure. I'm not sure at what psi the stock valve is set to though